Hello and welcome to our website!
Hummersea Primary School is a school maintained by Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council. It has a two year old provision, a 39 place Nursery Class (for 3 and 4 year olds) and admits children from 5-11 years in the main school. Most pupils transfer to Freebrough Academy at the age of 11. However, there are other local secondary schools in the area.
The school catchment area covers the whole of Hummersea Hills and the rest of Loftus, north of the High Street. Many of the children live within walking distance of the school.
The school was opened in 1979 and is of a semi-open plan construction. It has two playgrounds, a football field, a MUGA and grassed area round the building. Over the past several years, the school has undergone major refurbishment work to every teaching area and has also added four extensions to meet the demand for places.
- We are an outstanding school and continue to have high expectations to maintain this standard.
- Children are the heart of Hummersea Primary School. We strive for the best for all children, acknowledge children’s individuality and inspire them to have a love of learning.
- Our school is an extension of each of our families, as well as being at the heart of the community.
- We aim to create a caring, fun environment, where enthusiasm and laughter run alongside outstanding teaching and learning.
- We are proud to have built something special, that goes beyond education.
The school aims, as laid out below, can only be achieved if there is an atmosphere of care, respect and trust. This underpins the ethos of considering the school as a large family, where each member is educated, valued, supported and cared for.
- All children are entitled to a broad and balanced curriculum in line with the aims of the National Curriculum.
- Children will be offered a wide range of learning experiences including visits, visitors and use of the local environment.
- Each child will be allowed to develop their own individual self esteem, self discipline and character.
Parents and Community
- The school is an integral part of the community in which it is situated.
- Partnership between home and school is encouraged.
- Parents are welcome to help in the day to day organisation of the school.
- There are active links with the Loftus community.
- Parents will be kept fully informed by formal and informal consultation as to the progress of their children throughout their school career.
Please take time to look around the website so that you can see how proud we are of our children and the wider school community which supports us.