Places for 2yr olds
Hummersea offer 15 hours a week free childcare places to qualifying children in the area.
You may be aware that our school offer free childcare places to children whose parents are in receipt of certain benefits. Loftus, Carlin How and Brotton wards only are part of the early Pilot scheme that includes more benefits such as Working Tax Credit. The brochure enclosed has all the relevant information.
If you are in receipt of any of the benefits listed below and are interested in applying for a place for your child please contact us for an application form, or if you know of anyone else who may be interested please pass the information to them.
You must be receiving one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Employment and Support Allowance income related
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income below £16,190.
- you get Working Tax Credits and earn no more than £16,190 a year·
- your child has a current statement of special educational needs (SEN) or an education, health and care plan
- your child gets Disability Living Allowance in their own right
- your child has left care through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order
In addition, all 2 year old children who are in the care of the Local Authority are eligible for a free childcare place.
We can then forward your form to the Families Information Service to process for your child to start the school term after their second birthday. (i.e a birthday of 17/03/2014 would start as soon as we had a place available in the Summer Term from 22/04/2014).
The families information service only process them the term of their second birthday in order to check that you are still in receipt of relevant benefits, but we can hold the forms for you in school and send at the appropriate time.
If you would like to visit our two year old setting or would like any more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Or if you would like to check if you qualify or require more information you can contact the Families Information Service on 08000738800.